Pokemon Go is really sweeping the planet! Pokemon trainers are scurrying around trying to find critters to power up, evolve and put to battle rival teams at designated "Gyms". Not to mention, getting some great exercise, seeing areas of their city they may not have had an adventure in previously, and making some new friends.
The augmented reality option makes taking pictures of Pokemon in the environment really entertaining as well and a good time is being had by all.
With all the excitement happening, it can be really frustrating when you cant get any good playtime in because of bugs or other in-game issues that end up pumping the Pokemon breaks.
LOADING SCREEN DOESN'T PROGRESS
No need to keep deleting and reinstalling the Pokemon Go app. No need to keep closing the app and reopening it over and over again. There is a simple fix that has worked for me 98% of the time.
- Put your hand held device in Airplane Mode
- Open Pokemon Go and wait for "No Internet Connection" message.
- Take device out of Airplane Mode.
- Open Pokemon Go and watch the loading bar shoot up and get you into the game!
SCREEN GOES UNRESPONSIVE DURING PLAY
This is because your game is in Power Saver mode. While selected, the game screen will go to sleep during inactivity and allow you to still be on alert for Pokemon that pop up. However, when going back to the game and waking up the screen, it becomes unresponsive even though activity is still happening in the game.
- Click the Pokeball on the bottom/middle of the screen to view game options.
- In the top right corner, click the Gear Icon for settings
- Unclick the "Power Saver" option
HOW FAR AWAY ARE POKEMON?
Pokemon in the area appear in the rectangle box on the lower right of the screen. Pokemon that are the furthest away are marked with 3 paw prints. The closer you get to a Pokemon, the less paw prints appear. Numbers are not approximate, but this is a close enough guide for distance.
- 3 Paw Prints = 650 feet
- 2 Paw Prints = 330 feet
- 1 Paw Print = 150 feet
- 0 Paw Prints = Less 130 feet
HOW DO I TRACK POKEMON?
Knowing how far away they are is only part of tracking Pokemon. The other part is knowing which direction to go. After walking 2 blocks in the wrong direction a few times for several Pokemon, it's easy to get tired and just give up after a while.
When you choose a particular Pokemon from the lower right box you want to track, keep an eye on the green "pulse" that appears around the box. The closer you get to the Pokemon, the faster the pulse becomes. Admittedly, it is still a little buggy so it may not work perfectly for some.
POKEMON KEEP ESCAPING POKEBALL
After your Pokemon Trainer has reached Level 8, you will start receiving Razz Berries at Pokestops. Feed higher CP Pokemon Razz Berries from your inventory to make them more docile. Your next Pokeball throw will have a higher chance of catching your targeted Pokemon.
After leveling your Pokemon Trainer to Level 12, you will start to receive Great Balls at Pokestops, which have a higher rate of catchability.
POKEMON GO IS SUCKING MY DEVICE'S POWER
Yes. Yes it is. And considering that Power Save mode causes unresponsive screens for most players, that really sucks. You can try some things to help save power.
- Turn off the Music and Sound Effects under game settings.
- Turn off the Augmented Reality Option (AR switch in the upper right while on the catch screen)
- Use all battery saving options in your devices settings. Minimize screen movement, turn off app background refresh, turn of cellular data for apps not used much, lower screen brightness and so forth.
- Get yourself a portable battery. I got one years ago for camping, and its been great. I also have USB solar panels which have come in handy for Pokemon Go also.
- Try to give the game a rest every now and then!
REMEMBER! Stay hydrated while playing this summer. Be aware of your surroundings and don't be walking around with your head down the whole time. Don't be a danger to yourself or others.
GO CATCH 'EM ALL!
RELATED ARTICLES ON PETE'S BASEMENT
- Geek and Gamer Themed Sugar Cookies - Pete's Box LVL 1
- First Look at The Simpsons Lego Playset - UPDATED!
- Avengers 8-Bit Adventure!
- Super Mario World Map of Bushwick Brooklyn NY